Data protection declaration for participants of Virtual Delegation Trips/Events organized by GIZ International Delegations for the storage and use of personal data by GIZ, International Delegations.
As the protection of personal data is very important to GIZ, we will tell you here which of your personal data is stored and what it is used for.
The responsible body for data protection is the:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40, 53113 Bonn
- Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1 – 5, 65760 Eschborn
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Virtual Delegation Trips/Events take place on the GIZ International Delegation and Cooperation online platform found under the following URLs:
- https://cooperation-platform.com/: Online Platform
What data do we store?
The personal data provided during registration (e.g. Name, Address, Organization, Function, Email, Phone) are required for participating and are used for coordinating the event and providing you with access to the virtual delegation trip/event.
Additionally, when you use the online platform, the following data will be stored:
Personal identification information:
- Your email address and a username are required to login to the platform
- Your name, organization and function
- Optional (not-required) profile information, such as:
- Your photo
- Address and phone number
- Information about yourself, interests and expertise
- Your posts, comments and likes on the online platform
- Your memberships in delegation/event groups
- Your participation in event sessions including your messages in the public chat and your name in the participants list
- If you participate actively in a videoconference, you can also share your audio or video-channel, so that other participants can hear and/or see you.
- In some cases, the videoconference might also be recorded. Permission for recording is always requested from the audience in the beginning of the conference. A sign on top of the browser indicates, that the session is recorded.
- Your use of the platform, such as the pages you visit and your downloads
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide our organization with the data we collect.
We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online on the GIZ International Delegation and Cooperation online platform
- Voluntarily complete your user profile
- Voluntarily participate in online discussions (synchronous or asynchronous).
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
The data are used exclusively for the purpose of providing you access to the GIZ International Delegation and Cooperation online platform and facilitating your participation in the event:
- Provide you access to the online platform
- Enable user-to-user communication and interaction
- Allow you to participate in online conferences
- Allow you to share your experiences and learn from your peers within the group of conference participants by voluntarily providing your contact-details
- Provide access to online resources
The data will only be used for the purposes described in the declaration; any other use is always made subject to renewed consent. Your data will not be used for advertising purposes.
What is the legal data for processing?
The legal basis for processing is your consent to this declaration.
Recipients of personal data
Access to the personal data is restricted to participants of the Virtual Delegation Trips/Events organized by GIZ International Delegations and to those employees of GIZ, who are required to process the data according to the above mentioned purposes and handle it properly and confidentially.
We transfer your data to external service providers who support us in the following activities: storage and management of data, IT support, implementation of events. In doing so, we ensure that these service providers are carefully selected, contractually bound in accordance with data protection and regularly checked. These service providers also include companies that process your data outside the European Union or have their registered office there. For these companies, we only select companies that process the data in places for which there is an adequacy decision by the Commission (Article 45 GDPR). If this requirement is not met, we will only commission these service providers if they provide sufficient security guarantees (Article 46 GDPR), for example by agreeing on the EU standard contractual clauses.
How do we store your data?
GIZ secures the data by means of suitable technical and organizational measures against unintentional or intended falsification, destruction, loss or access by unauthorized persons.
All data is hosted either at GIZ server or on server of Hetzner GmbH data centers, located in Germany, in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Duration of data retention
Personal data are regularly deleted when
- they are no longer needed for contractual purposes (e.g. for employment, top-ups, rental, or service contracts),
- when the individuals concerned have not given any separate authorization, or
- when statutory data storage obligations and periods have expired.
What are your data protection rights?
You have the right to ask for your personal data, to have it corrected if necessary, or to request that the processing be restricted or the data deleted. The data will then be deleted. The permission granted to use the personal data can also be revoked at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing until the time of revocation.
If you withdraw, participation in the Virtual Delegation Trip/Event organized by GIZ International Delegations is not possible.
Please give the revocation by email to: email@example.com
If you have any questions or complaints about this declaration or the processing, you can contact the GIZ data protection officer at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to contact the data protection supervisory authority with complaints. The competent authority is the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
Form-related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Ensuring the functionality of the website
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Your consent to this declaration
With your consent, you agree that your personal data will be saved and used by GIZ in accordance with the declaration described above. This consent remains valid for a period of 1 year after signing, even if your participation is cancelled afterwards.
- I hereby consent to my personal data being stored and used by GIZ in accordance with the above statement. This agreement remains valid for a period of 1 year after signing, even if my participation is cancelled afterwards.